- The intensification of corruption in China has led to a recent surge of scholarship examining the causes and consequences of corruption within the country. Nevertheless, no consensus exists as to how corruption should be measured at the local level.
- 中菲南中国海仲裁案最后裁决的日子越发临近，一些西方记者来到中国海南省琼海市一个以“海上民兵连”著称的小渔村，发现一股显然是来自中国政府的力量正包围着这里。 紧紧尾随的政府车 英国广播公司记者约翰·萨德沃斯（John Sudworth）近日在潭门镇遇到了麻烦，从港口到渔市，再到回酒店的途中，所到之处总有几辆车窗上贴着黑膜的中国政府车仅仅尾随。 当地人对他不是三缄其口就是简单地重复着政府的立场：南海是属于中国的，因为中国的渔民最早抵达那里。后来总算有一位“船老大”愿意回答几个问题，但很快传来消息说，采访后他立即被警方带走问询。萨德沃斯猜测，惹上麻烦的原因是他问了太多有关“海上民兵”的问题。
- ELEANOR HALL: Well let's go now to one of the world's most critical and contested trade routes, the South China Sea. The standoff there between China, its neighbours and the US has been intensifying in recent months, with the Chinese taking an increasingly acquisitive stance in the area.
- The sudden and sad death of one of China’s most influential diplomats, retired Ambassador Wu Jianmin, was a huge shock to the country’s foreign policy community.
- There is a consensus within China now that in order to meet the country’s growing influence and demands at the global level, there should be a large number of international relations and area studies experts.
- The relationship between the world’s two most important countries is far broader than the South China Sea disputes. Over the last two years or so, the South China Sea issue has been dominating Sino-U.S. relations, as evidenced by endless newspaper headlines, regional summits, and think tank events.
- Initially opposed to the Responsibility to Protect (R2P), China has become a consistent advocate of the principle, endorsing its application in multiple countries while urging a constrained, multilateral approach to the use of force. This brief examines the trajectory and significance of China’s support for R2P.
About the Program | 项目
Founded in 2004, the Princeton-Harvard China and the World program (CWP) is committed to integrating the advanced study of China’s foreign relations into the field of international relations, by bringing exceptional young scholars whose work bridges China studies and international relations together with recognized scholars in these fields.